When it comes to promoting your business, live events are among the most powerful methods of educating potential customers about what you do and why your target audience needs you. If done incorrectly, however, your live event, such as a trade show, can become a big waste of time and money. Here are some ways to make sure that you go home with plenty of leads and potential revenue:
* Bring plenty of promotional material: Customized pens and notepads are great, but think of some items that will set you apart from your competition. How about some promotional sunglasses? These can be given out to potential customers, along with a brochure or flyer explaining more about your business.
* Hold a raffle: This is a great way to collect leads for your business. The prize doesn’t necessarily have to be related to your product line. It can be a spa package, a night out at a 5-star restaurant, free groceries, or a gift card for a local establishment.
* Engage with people: Don’t just shove promotional material in people’s faces and hope that they will read it later. You’ll need to engage in conversation, without being overbearing. Start a conversation with them and get them interested in what you have to offer.
* Make your area bright and interesting: Use bright colors, banners and props that will make people curious enough to come to your table. When they come to you, it’s much easier to engage with conversation and answer questions.
* Give away at least half of what you bring: Your goal should be to give away promotional material to at least 50% of the people that attend the live event.
Items like promotional sunglasses are a great way to keep your business’ name in the minds of potential customers. A live event is sure to be successful with proper planning and organization.